NMAK17006U Modern Topics in Statistics
MSc Programme in Statistics
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
The course will be concerned with selected modern topics in statistics such as, for example, causal inference, analysis of high-dimensional data and multiple testing problems.
- Basic knowledge of the topics covered
- Ability to practically apply the methods discussed in the course
- Understand theoretical guarantees for the discussed methods
- Understand limitations of the discussed methods
- Ability to analyze high-dimensional data
- Perform theoretical analyses of statistical methods for high-dimensional data
Selected book chapters and articles from the literature.
For example: Measures and Integrals + Mathematical Statistics or equivalent.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, 27 hours27 hour written take-home assignment.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
30 minutes oral examination without preparation time. No aids allowed during examination. Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
Student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate understanding of the covered topics.