NMAK16020U Topics in Operator Algebras
MSc Programme in Mathematics
We will cover various topics in operator algebras, with the precise content depending on the interests of the participants, for example
- Dynamical systems, C*-algebras, and crossed products
- K- and KK-theory
- K-homology and spectral triples
- Groups, groupoids and C*-algebras
- Graph C*-algebras
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to read and understand current research papers.
- Competences: The student should be able to apply the theory to solve problems of moderate difficulty within the topics of the course.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentThere will be given 3 assignments, each of which has to be passed.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
30 minutes oral examination with 30 minutes preparation time during which all aids are allowed. For the examination, the students are allowed to bring a one page disposition (max. 20 words), that they have written during the preparation time. Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Project work