NMAB15025U Stochastic Processes 2
BSc Programme in Actuarial Mathematics
- Sequences of random variables, almost sure convergence, Kolmogorov's 0-1 law.
- The strong law of large numbers.
- Weak convergence of probability measures. Characteristic functions.
- The central limit theorem. Triangular arrays and Lindebergs condition. The multivariate central limit theorem.
- The ergodic theorem.
- Fundamental convergence concepts and results in probability theory.
Skills: Ability to
- use the results obtained in the course to verify almost sure convergence or convergence in law of a sequence of random variables.
- verify conditions for the central limit theorem to hold.
- translate between sequences of random variables and iterative compositions of maps.
Competences: Ability to
- formulate and prove probabilistic results on limits of an infinite sequence of random variables.
- discuss the differences between the convergence concepts.
- Theory exercises
Written feedback in the form of comments to the compulsory
Oral feedback during exercise classes, as a response to the
contribution of the students to the solution process of the
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination, 4 hours under invigilationSkriftlig prøve
The course has been selected for ITX exam
- Exam registration requirements
Approval of two assignments during the course is required to register for the exam.
- All aids allowed
The University will make computers available to students taking on-site exams at ITX. Students are therefore not permitted to bring their own computers, tablets or mobile phones. If textbooks and/or notes are permitted, according to the course description, these must be in paper format or uploaded through Digital Exam.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
Same as ordinary exam.
If the compulsory assignments were not approved before the ordinary exam they must be (re)submitted. They must be approved at the latest three weeks before the beginning of the re-exam week.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- 1 block
- Block 1
- Course capacity
- No limit
- Course is also available as continuing and professional education
- Study board
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Ernst Hansen (8-6d7a7069767b6d764875697c7036737d366c73)