NDAK15013U Advanced Topics in Image Analysis (ATIA)
The purpose of this course is to expose the student to selected advanced topics in image analysis. The course will bring the student up to a level sufficient for master thesis work within image analysis and computer vision. Focus is not on specific topics, but rather on recent research trends. Also, core elements of project work and thesis writing will be covered.
- Selected advanced topics in image analysis
- Read, review and understand recent scientific papers.
- Apply the knowledge obtained by reading scientific papers.
- Compare methods from computer vision and image analysis and assess their potentials and shortcommings.
- Plan and conduct small projects and experiments
- Understand advanced methods, and to transfer the gained knowledge to solutions to small problems.
- Plan and carry out self-learning.
- Present the result of small projects in scientific writing.
- Class Instruction
- Project work
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, prepared throughout the courseElectronic submission of individual written project assignment.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Resubmission of written project assignment.
Criteria for exam assesment
To obtain the grade 12 the student must be able to:
1. Document understanding of the assignments
including the relevant litterature and/or other materials needed
for conducting the assignment.
2. Document solutions to the assignment, including a discussion of the chosen alternatives.
3. Document any experiments made and any drawn conclusion.