NDAK12005U Digital Services Innovation
MSc Programme in IT and Health (SUND)
The aim of this course is to give students a theoretical frameworks and practical skills in developing innovative digital services. The course will emphasize critical services that have high potential for generating enduring societal impact. In particular, we will focus on the healthcare domain in which digital services play a critical role in service delivery and have critical impact on key performance indicators, and require security, reliability, integration, and presentation of information to both professional and private users. These indicators are of utmost importance in digital services for healthcare.
After completing the course, students are expected to have:
- Techniques to analyze and define opportunities for digital services
- Techniques for design and prototyping of digital services in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Business modeling of digital services
- Present and analyze the requirements, challenges, and opportunities of digital services
- Design digital services in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Build and evaluate prototypes of digital services
- Apply domain-specific knowledge to identify possibilities of technological innovation
- Create and evaluate business models for digital services
- Work effectively in cross-disciplinary teams including relating students' own core knowledge and skills to that of others
- Communicate and work effectively with key stakeholders
- Innovate reflexively and be entrepreneurial in existing or new organizations
The course will have one or more obligatory books on entrepreneurship and business modeling. The following are examples of relevant text books:
- Read, S., Sarasvathy, S., Dew, N., Wiltbank, R., Ohlsson, A.-V. (2011). Effectual Entrepreneurship. Routledge
- Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y. (2010). Business Model Generation. Wiley
The course books will be supplemented with scientific papers.
- Practical exercises
- Project work
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral examinationFor the exam, a written assignment has to be delivered followed by an oral defense. The examination will be internal and grading will be done according to the 7-grade scale.
- Exam registration requirements
- A set of obligatory written assignments based on the group project must be approved to be eligible for the exam.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- The re-exam is the same as the ordinary exam in which a new written assignment will have to be handed in.