NDAK12004U CMM projects 2
- conduct a scientific project in computational and mathematical modelling (comprising pattern recognition, image analysis, machine learning, data mining, simulation, computer graphics, computational science, etc.),
- shall develop advanced scientific skills for project oriented work, and
- wil be prepared for a Master's Thesis.
At course completion, the successful student will have:
Knowledge of selected methods for computational and mathematical modelling (comprising pattern recognition, image analysis, machine learning, data mining, simulation, computer graphics, computational science, etc.).
Skills for project oriented work in computational and
These skills cover all aspects of project work from initial brainstorming to reporting including
- management of a small project,
- relating own work to the existing body of knowledge;
- experimental and/or theoretical study design;
- recognizing the quality, perspectives, and limitations of achievements;
- writing a scientific text of high quality in terms of both scientific content and presentation;
- oral presentation of a project.
- solving problems in the domain of computational and mathematical modelling;
- managing, conducting, evaluating, and presenting scientific projects.
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral defence under invigilationGroup-based projects with individual oral presentation followed by individual examination, graded on Danish ECTS-compliant 7-step scale with internal grading (intern censur). The examination covers the whole scope of the course (see topics and learning objectives), but with special emphasis on the subject of the written report. Submission in Absalon.
- Exam registration requirements
- Active participation in the course.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Resubmission at next reexamination period. In case of a failed group-project it will be resubmission of a individual report.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Project work