NDAK11006U CANCELLED Topics in Algorithms and Data Structures (TADS)
The purpose of this course is to present a set of topics that reflect state-of-the-art research and applications within the design and analysis of algorithms and data structures. Particular topics will change from year to year.
Ask the course-responsible teacher for information on the topics covered in a particular year.
- Selected state-of-the-art algorithms and data structures and techniques and paradigms involved in these.
- Reading state-of-the-art papers related to the topics covered in the course and communicating key ideas in such papers.
- Preparing a report on a research paper.
- Preparing and giving a seminar talk on a research paper.
- Present technical results to an audience of peers, both orally and in writing.
- Recognize the applicability of algorithms and data structures in both theoretical and practical settings.
See Absalon for a list of course literature.
1. Lectures and weekly exercises.
2. Seminars - where students present a chosen paper [this could be something relevant to later Master's thesis work]. There will be an opponent group for each presentation, and the teacher will also ask questions.
3. A project - where students write a report on their chosen paper.
- Project work
PhD’s can register for MSc-course by following the same procedure as credit-students, see link above.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 minThe oral exam is without preparation. The exam is primarily based on the paper chosen by student, but may include other parts of the course material also.
- Exam registration requirements
A satisfactory report and presentation on the chosen paper.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Same as the ordinary exam.
To be eligible for the reexam a report on the chosen paper must be approved, no later than two weeks before the re-exam.
Students who did not file a satisfying report before the regular exam, has to file a report and get it graded as passed before the re-exam in order to qualify.
Criteria for exam assesment
See Learning Outcome.