NDAK11006U Topics in Algorithms and Data Structures
The purpose of this course is to give an overview of the
state-of-the art research within the area of algorithms and data
A set of topics will aim to reflect the state-of-the-art research and applications within the design and analysis of algorithms and data structures. Particular topics will change from year to year.
Important: See the course home page for information on the topics covered in a particular year.
- Selected state-of-the-art algorithms and data structures and techniques and paradigms involved in these.
- Reading state-of-the-art papers related to the topics covered in the course and communicating key ideas in such papers
- Preparing a report on a research paper
- Preparing and giving a seminar talk on a research paper
- Present technical results to an audience of peers, both orally and in writing
- Recognize the applicability of algorithms and data structures in both theoretical and practical settings
See Absalon when the course is set up.
1. Lectures and weekly exercises.
2. A project where students write a report on a paper that they will later present [this could be something relevant to later Master's thesis work].
3. Seminars where students present their chosen papers. There will be an opponent group for each presentation, and teachers will also ask questions.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 minThe oral exam is without preparation. Primarily in the paper chosen by student, but also other parts of the course material.
- Exam registration requirements
- Passing 4-5 of the weekly exercises plus a satisfactory report and presentation on the chosen paper.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
- The re-exam is held as an oral exam with a duration of 45
minutes (incl. assesment). At the exam the student is tested in the
full material used during the course.
Students which has not fulfilled the criteria for exam assesment are allowed to participate in the re-exam.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome.
- Project work