LSLS10122U Sustainable park management
The course is a part of the Erasmus+ project PROGRESS and can be taken both as a part of the Urban Landscape Engineer programme and as a part of the diploma in Park Management. If you study at the diploma in Park Management contact Ole Fryd, email@example.com.
See more here: https://www.progress-project.eu/
The course will include the following topics;
- Sustainability in an urban context
- Management of operations in urban areas
- Sustainable maintenance including economic perspectives
Excursions: Urban areas where sustainable maintenance is a focus point
The purpose of the course is that participants will be able to contribute in relation to the development towards a more sustainable management and maintenance of the city's green spaces.
- How to describe sustainability in an urban context
- How to describe sustainability in park management
- How to describe sustainability in a park maintenance situation
- Can contribute to the development of sustainable park management and maintenance including both social, environmental and economical issues
- Can collaborate with other relevant people in the development of sustainable management and sustainable green areas
- Can, in collaboration with others, devise solutions for sustainable management in urban areas
There will be participants from other European countries.
- 2,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Course participationWritten assignmentMandatory participation in all five days. After the course a 2 pages article draft about different aspects of sustainable maintenace must be submitted for the PROGRESS homepage or other relevant medias. www.progress-project.eu. The article can be written in Danish or English.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Deadline for submitting article is 2nd of September
Criteria for exam assesment
- Relevans to the subject
- Use of knowlegde from the course
- Presentation and dissermination skills
- Field Work
- Project work