HIOK03616U Cognitive Science III
IT & Cognition
The class will focus on the theory, methods and experimental applications of eye tracking and EEG technology in cognitive science. The theoretical part of the course will cover research involving these technologies where themes discussed will include memory, language, attention, reading, gesture, congruencies, and more. Throughout the semester the students will engage in an experimental design workshop in groups to get firsthand experience. The exam should resemble a research article.
Academic objectives of the course
The student is able to:
- identify, analyse and discuss state-of-the-art problems and methods in computational cognitive science
- evaluate complex system architectures
- assess their relevance in relation to real-world applications
- critically evaluate frontier research in cognitive technologies.
- Class Instruction
- Course Preparation
- Exam Preparation
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- OtherWritten take-home assignment, optional subject
Exam language: English. Extent: 5-15 standard pages.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship