HHIB13212U HIS 1021. Sustainable Development of Denmark in the World
Historical Theme 1 (HHIB10211E)
[Bachelortilvalg i historie, 2022-ordningen]
Få overblik på:
- Historie, BA, lektionskatalog efterår 2023
- Historie, BA-tilvalg, lektionskatalog efterår 2023
HIS 1021. Sustainable Development of Denmark in the World
The global quest for sustainable development causes specific challenges for affluent societies like Denmark. How do we promote worldwide equality while solving local and global environmental problems like climate change, and social challenges like inequality? Can continued economic growth on which our affluence is grounded really last or do we have to choose between affluence and sustainability?
A cursory introduction to the recent socio-environmental history of Denmark that focuses on such issues as social cohesion, pollution, energy, biodiversity, climate change, knowledge production, governance, economy, technology and everyday environmentalism will form the common ground for transnational and transdisciplinary comparisons. In seminars and discussions, different analytical approaches will be put on the line and their reach and applicability tested prerequisites for a truly sustainable development will be elaborated.
The course is arranged by Centre for Sustainable Futures in collaboration with Sustainability Science Centre, UCPH
- Bo Fritzbøger: Sustainable Development of Denmark in the World, 1970-2020. A Critical Introduction. (Springer Sustainable Development Goals Series). Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2022.
- Class Instruction
- Exam Preparation
Se relevant lektionskatalog for blanketnavn.
Henvendelse med spørgsmål vedr. tilmelding til Historiekurser på mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course code
- 15 ECTS
- BachelorBachelor choice
- 1 semester
- See scheme link
- Study Board of Archaeology, Ethnology, Greek & Latin, History
- SAXO-Institute - Archaeology, Ethnology, Greek & Latin, History
- Faculty of Humanities
- Bo Fritzbøger (7-657269756c777d436b7870316e7831676e)