AØKK08081U Seminar: Strategic Management
The purpose is to train students in applying classical and new models, approaches, and perspectives in Strategic Management on industries and organizations in order to come up with suggestions for top managers concerning actions for the long term development of the organization. In order to construct a budget or to evaluate the economic value of a company or to make investment decision regarding a company it is normally necessary to understand the corporate strategy of the corporation.
An analyses of the future development and the economic attractiveness of a specific industry
An analyses of an organizations resources, activities and competences, and a discussion of how to create competitive advantages and economic value for that organization
The development of a competitive strategy and/or a growth strategy for a specific firm
The development of a corporate strategy for a specific corporation
The development of an international strategy or a strategy for innovation for a specific company
Strategic evaluation of a specific strategy for a company
- Implementation of a specific strategy for an organization
“Exploring Strategy - Text and Cases – Eleventh Edition”, by Johnson, Whittington, Scholes, Angwin & Regnér published by Pearson Education 2017. ISBN 978-1-292-14517-4
Before the session a "so-finalized-as-possible"-draft of the paper must be uploaded in Absalon. After the presentations, the student submit an edited version of the paper in the Digital Exam portal as the final exam paper. The aim is that students use the presentation sessions as an opportunity to receive and use the constructive feedback to improve the paper.
- Planning meeting: 4th of September from 14.15 – 15.00
- Sent max ½ a page of commitment paper by e-mail to the lecturer before the 19th of September
- Half an hour of voluntary individual supervision: The 20th and 21th of September between 09:00 and 16:00
- Deadline of pre-paper uploaded on Absalon: Monday the 30th of October before noon
- Sessions of presentations and critics: Thursday the 9th of November and Thursday the 16th of November
Venue will be informed by the lecturer.
Read about the study programme and curricula at MSc in Economics
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination- a seminar paper in English that meets the formal requirements for written papers stated in the curriculum and at KUNet for seminars.
- Exam registration requirements
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
- Exam period
Deadline for uploading the seminar paper to DE: 1st of December 2017 before 10:00 AM
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course and the objectives stated in the Curriculum.
- Project work