NNEK21002U Nutrition, Public Health & Project Planning
MSc Programme in Human Nutrition
The course will focus on describing, exemplifying, discussing and applying concepts, strategies and theories used in public health and nutrition. A strong focus in the course is project planning within the field of nutrition and health promotion. The course will use real life examples from a Danish context.
- Explain and exemplify basic concepts, theories and strategies in public health science, with special focus on nutrition and health.
- Describe and explain processes behind the planning of public health projects in the field of nutrition.
- Identify and compare the roles, interests and responsibilities of central public and private stakeholders within nutrition and health.
- Describe and explain concepts used in an acknowledged project planning model.
- Explain how the main topics of the course relate to the UN sustainable development goals.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses related to strategies and models used in public health.
- Critically choose and apply preventive strategy theories and methods in the planning of a public health project; hereunder demonstrate the ability to conduct a participation analysis, formulate aims and success criteria, identify determinants for the health behaviors and outcomes of the target group, and choose relevant scientific methods for evaluating the intervention.
- Demonstrate overview of project management tools to be used in the execution of the project.
- Critically compare, evaluate and discuss models and theories used in public health.
- Develop and design a scientifically founded health-promoting project by use of an established project planning model, in a self-structured multi-disciplinary group work.
- Discuss the roles, interests and responsibilities of central public and private stakeholders within nutrition and health.
See Absalon for a list of course literature.
If you are registered with examination attempts in LLEK10298U Public Health and Nutrition without having passed the course, you have to use your last examination attempts to pass the exam in NNEK21002U - Nutrition, Public Health & Project Planning. You have a total of three examination attempts.
- Theory exercises
- Project work
- Quizzes with discussion of answers
- Project supervision
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 20 minutesOral examination in the curriculum and in the group report (synopsis report where students in groups have designed a public health intervention).
- Exam registration requirements
Submission and approval of the group report; and active participation and oral presentation of the group report at an opponent's seminar during the course.
- Only certain aids allowed
The student's own written group report is allowed, but no other curricular material or notes.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
The same as the ordinary exam.
If the student has been active at an opponent seminar without submission and approval of a group report, a new individual report must be submitted and approved 3 weeks before re-examination.
If the student has not participated in the opponent's seminar during the course, the student must submit a written feed-back to other group reports 3 weeks before re-examination.
Criteria for exam assesment
See Learning Outcome.
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree Master
- 1 block
- Block 4
- Course capacity
- Course is also available as continuing and professional education
- Study board
- Study Board of Food, Human Nutrition and Sports
- Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports
- Department of Food and Resource Economics
- Faculty of Science
- Camilla Trab Damsgaard (3-6778684472697c77326f7932686f)
- Kia Ditlevsen (3-6f7168446d6a7673326f7932686f)