NNEK20000U Psychology of Competitive Sports
Kandidatuddannelsen i humanistisk-samfundsvidenskabelig idrætsvidenskab
Introduction to sport psychology of competitive sports, research methods and applied interventions, motivation and self-regulation, sport psychological skills training, social identity and group performance, sport injuries and career transitions.
- Acquire a broad knowledge of key issues and current research in the area of sport psychology of competitive sports
- Define sport psychological terms in connection to competitive sports
- Describe and summarize theories and models encountered in the reading material
- Learn to integrate the theory of sport and psychology with research and practical applications
- Apply the acquired knowledge to personal sport situations and to new cases
- Manage issues and cases related to sport psychology at the competitive level
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different sport psychological research methods
- Analyze and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different theories
- Based on the acquired knowledge, successful candidates will be able to effectively design and manage applied interventions on selected sport psychological topics and cases, specifically within the field of competitive sports
To be announced on Absalon
It is not allowed to pass both courses.
Continuous feedback on group-based activities at the end of each topic (mostly written).
Peer-feedback both on activities and on final assignment.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, during the courseWritten assignment, during the course, in English
Students will be asked to present and discuss a sport psychological case study (max 15 pages) focusing on one of the topics covered in the course. The report should include a theoretical background, development of hypotheses, description of the method and results, and a discussion. Further details will be provided during the course. The work on the assignment will take place throughout the course and the deadline for submission will be on the scheduled exam date.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Written assignment as described in the ordinary exam. Deadline for submission will be on Friday in the re-exam week.
Criteria for exam assesment