NMAK23011U Modeling and Estimation for Health and Disability Insurance
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
MSc Programme in Actuarial Mathematics
Elements of marked point process theory; parametric modeling and inference for multi-state claims reserving models; implementation of estimation procedures in R; practical issues related to valuation and pricing of health and disability insurance.
- Insight into selected aspects of marked point process theory.
- Insight into the role and limitations of the classic multi-state framework for life insurance.
- In-depth understanding of theory regarding claims reserving in multi-state models with a focus on health and disability insurance schemes.
- In-depth understanding of statistical methods for intensity estimation in the presence of delays and contamination.
Skills: Ability to
- Compute claims reserves for health and disability insurance schemes.
- Estimate parameters of multi-state claims reserving models via for example likelihood methods.
- Implement the necessary computations in R.
Competences: Ability to
- Select and interpret appropriate claims reserving models for health and disability insurance schemes.
- Read and reflect on actuarial research papers.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- Exam Preparation
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, 27 hours
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
The same as the ordinary exam. If 10 or fewer have signed up for the re-exam, then the form of assesment is changed to an oral exam of 30 minutes without preparation and without aids (and multiple internal examiners).
Criteria for exam assesment
The student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Intended learning outcome.
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree Master
- 1 block
- Block 3
- Course capacity
- No limit.
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period.
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Oliver Lunding Sandqvist (6-7c6a6d3938364667727b73746f34717b346a71)