NMAK16020U Topics in Operator Algebras
We will cover various topics in operator algebras, with the precise content depending on the interests of the participants, for example
- Dynamical systems and crossed products
- Groups, groupoids and their C*-algebras
- Graph C*-algebras
- K-theory and classification
- von Neumann algebras
- Operator algebras and applications to quantum information theory
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to read and understand current research papers.
- Competences: The student should be able to apply the theory to solve problems of moderate difficulty within the topics of the course.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- Project work
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentDuring the course each participant gives a 45 min presentation on a topic from the course syllabus, and she/he also provides lecture notes for the presentation.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
30 minutes oral examination with 30 minutes preparation time during which all aids are allowed. For the examination, the students are allowed to bring a one page disposition (max. 20 words), that they have written during the preparation time. Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.