NMAK10018U Macroeconomics 3 (MakØk3) - Business Cycles and Monetary Stabilization Policies
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
The classical Monetary Model. The Basic New-Keynesian Model. Monetary stabilization policy in the New Keynesian Model. Credibility issues in stabilization policy. Sticky wages and prices and stabilization policy. Applications: Unconventional monetary policy; fiscal policy at the zero lower bound.
- the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- welfare rationales for stabilization policies.
- understanding of the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- solving simple versions of modern theoretical models of the business cycle
- understanding the economic mechanisms at work in the mathematical models.
- addressing real-life policy issues using the methods used in the course.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination, 3 hours under invigilationSkriftlig prøve
The course has been selected for ITX exam
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Same as ordinary
If ten or fewer students have signed up for re-exam, the type of assessment will be changed to a 20 minutes oral exam without preparation time.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome.
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree Master
- 1 block
- Block 2
- Course capacity
- No limit.
- Course is also available as continuing and professional education
- Study board
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Laura Sunder-Plassmann (22-71667a776633787a73696a7732757166787872667373456a68747333707a336970)