NMAK10018U Macroeconomics 3 (MakØk3) - Business Cycles and Monetary Stabilization Policies
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
The classical Monetary Model. The Basic New-Keynesian Model. Monetary stabilization policy in the New Keynesian Model. Credibility issues in stabilization policy. Sticky wages and prices and stabilization policy. Applications: Unconventional monetary policy; fiscal policy at the zero lower bound.
- the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- welfare rationales for stabilization policies.
- understanding of the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- solving simple versions of modern theoretical models of the business cycle
- understanding the economic mechanisms at work in the mathematical models.
- addressing real-life policy issues using the methods used in the course.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination, 3 hours under invigilationThe course has been selected for ITX exam on Peter Bangs Vej.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Same as ordinary
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome.