NIGK15022U Project Course in Geography and Geoinformatics
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics with a Minor Subject
The course provides an opportunity for the student to write a literature review or become familiar with techniques and/or equipment in relation to initiating a MSc thesis study in Geography and Geoinformatics. The chosen subject must be geography.
The teaching form is supervision.
The student must identify and contact a potential supervisor at the Section of Geography at the Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management.
When an aggrement has been made the student must send a mail to Morten Agerbo Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org) who then will ad the student and the supervisor to an Absalon room.
The Absalon room contains information about the written assignment; number of pages and where and when it must be submittted.
- Subjects within the main research group themes:Transformation of cities and landscapes, Environment and Society in Developing Countries, Dynamic Geomorphology and Quarternary Geology, Terrestric Ecosystem Analysis
- read scientific literature related to the subject.
- critically evaluate methods and collections of data and to design smaller research projects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- analyse and discuss data-sets.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
- Organize and carry out larger-scale and to be able to analyze, evaluate, document and communicate the results of a scientific study.
- Project work
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, Ongoing preparation throughout the courseThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Resubmission of written assignment. The written assignment must be handed in prior to the re-examination week.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome