NDAK19002U Topics in Simulation (ToiS)
MSc Programme in Computer Science
This course is a master thesis preparation course for students interesting in computer simulation related topics. These include
- Biomechanical modeling of humans and soft tissue
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Physics and Mechanics
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Contact Mechanics
- and many more
During the course we survey recent research papers on topics of interest to the group of students. Students will be reading 12-14 papers over 6-7 weeks and try make one simple prototype from one of these papers taking 1-2 weeks.
The course is intended to help give students a good idea of what topic they wish to work with and give them a solid background in the research litterature for their chosen topic.
- Computer Simulation
- Reading research papers in research fields related to computer simulation.
- Communicate and discuss findings in papers to peers
- Evaluate value of contirbutions in research papers
- Find and select research papers relevant for own work
See Absalon when the course is set up.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
PhD’s can register for MSc-course by following the same procedure as credit-students, see link above.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentContinuous assessment based on at least one paper and one prototype presentation.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Written reexam based on a report that takes outset in papers presented during the course. The report has to demonstrate the learning outcome of the course. Workload is expected to be approximately 27 hours.
Criteria for exam assesment
In order to obtain the grade 12 the student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Learning Outcome.
- Project work