NDAK15013U Advanced Topics in Image Analysis (ATIA)
The purpose of this course is to expose the student to selected advanced topics in image analysis. The course will bring the student up to a level sufficient for master thesis work within image analysis and computer vision. Focus is not on specific topics, but rather on recent research trends.
- Selected advanced topics in image analysis.
- Read, review and understand recent scientific papers.
- Apply the knowledge obtained by reading scientific papers.
- Compare methods from computer vision and image analysis and assess their potentials and shortcomings.
- Understand advanced methods, and to transfer the gained knowledge to solutions to small problems.
- Plan and carry out self-learning.
- Present the result of small assignments in scientific writing.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- Project work
PhD’s can register for MSc-course by following the same procedure as credit-students, see link above.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentThe written assignment is an individual report written during the course.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Same as the ordinary exam.
Criteria for exam assesment
See Learning Outcome.