JJUB55120U Academic internship - BA
The project’s content
An academic internship is an academic project which is conducted in collaboration with and partly under the guidance of a company, organisation or authority (project site).
An academic internship is not an ordinary internship. The purpose is not to participate in the ordinary work at the project site. As the basis for an academic internship on the LL.M. programme, the student should therefore formulate a problem-based project, which has been approved by a supervisor at the university. There must also be an external supervisor at the project site, who possesses expertise in the project area.
The academic internship gives the student an opportunity to collect and test parts of the material that is included in the written project. At the same time, the student makes qualified knowledge available to the project site.
The written project must relate to the practical issues the project is based on, and to the relevant legal or other theoretical issues the project concerns.
Both elements must be specified in the project.
The academic internship is offered according to the study programme order sections 16 and 22 where the university, in the curricula for bachelor and master degree programmes, may stipulate that an academic internship can be included within the prescribed period of study, and may take place outside the university, either in Denmark or abroad.
An academic internship that takes place outside the university, either in Denmark or abroad must be approved by the university before the beginning of the academic internship.
In terms of knowledge, the student must be able to:
- Analyse the legal issues examined in the approved project in collaboration with the project site with reference to the practical or legal perspectives on the issue that the project site can contribute.
- Ensure consistency between the problem formulation, scope, outline, analysis and conclusion, so that the written project appears logical in the light of the problem formulation.
In terms of skills, the student must be able to:
- Independently find, systematically order and create an overview of relevant legal and non-legal sources, preferably under the guidance of the project site.
- Reflect on the legal, practical and, if relevant, commercial or political perspectives that emerge from the legal analyses and the practical experience gained during the academic internship.
Argue for and against different solutions to the legal issues, and document the different approaches and any contradictions, which may arise from the application of legal and non-legal (including practical and political) perspectives to the issues.
In terms of competences, the student must be able to:
- Independently prepare and delimit a legal problem formulation, which will form the basis for the preparation of the written project.
- Make decisions about and reflect on the methodological approaches, which can and must form the basis of the analysis, and justify the choices made in the answer to the problem formulation.
- Independently make decisions on and formulate which practical and political reflections and interpretations the conclusions give rise to.
As the project must touch on a jurisprudential issue, it is expected that the issue has been directly or indirectly mentioned in jurisprudential or other relevant academic literature or practice. This literature, etc. should be identified before the project is delimited. There is no fixed framework for the scope of this literature, which is expected to be assimilated by the student in an academic internship. In case of doubt, the choice of topic is submitted to the course coordinator for the academic internship.
- Project work
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentProject report
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
hand-in date: January 14, 2022
hand-in date: February 25, 2022
- Course code
- 15 ECTS
- BachelorBachelor choice
- 1 semester
- No teaching
- Study board
- Faculty of Law
- Thomas Riis (11-5d7178766a7c375b72727c49737e7b37747e376d74)