JJUA55289U EU Regulation of Listed Companies
The regulation of listed companies within the EU is increasingly
done by EU-law either directly by regulation or indirectly by
directives. By definition, this EU-regulation is identical within
the EU and the course aims to provide an understanding of this body
of law that enables the students to understand the main tenets of
the law applicable to listed companies in all Member States. The
course covers central areas of regulation such as company law,
governance, listing and prospectuses, takeovers, and market abuse.
- Knowledge of the regulation of listed companies, notably in respect of company law, corporate governance, listing and prospectuses, takeovers, and market abuse.
- Knowledge of the main considerations behind the regulation of listed companies.
- Knowledge of fundamental EU law on legislation, supervision, and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of the structure and competences of EU legislative, supervisory and judicial authorities
- How to work with EU-law on listed companies
- How to identify and analyse relevant sources of EU-law on listed companies
- The student will be able to advise on the application of EU law on listed companies, work with compliance or work in a public capacity as supervisor or judge.
Online quiz with instant feedback. Presenting court cases in class. Writing a test exam that is afterwards debated in class.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination, 4 hours under invigilationWritten exam, 4 hours with invigilation
- Only certain aids allowed
The following websites are permitted to access during the exam:
Digital Exam: www.eksamen.ku.dk
Ministry of Taxation: www.skm.dk
The Danish Parliament: www.ft.dk
Gyldendal's dictionaries: www.ordbog.gyldendal.dk
The EU Court of Justice website: https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/jcms/index.html
Danish courts ' website: http://www.domstol.dk/Pages/default.aspx
EURLEX, which is the EU legal database: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/homepage.html?locale=da
The Danish Parliament for legislation and legislative processes: https://www.ft.dk/
The Danish FSA website, which contains legislative material and administrative decisions: https://www.finanstilsynet.dk/
The Danish business authority, which is as No. 4: https://erhvervsstyrelsen.dk/
Esma'S website, which also contains legal material and guidelines (i.e. instructions): https://www.esma.europa.eu/
EBAs website, as No. 6: https://eba.europa.eu/
EIOPAs website, as No. 6: https://eiopa.europa.eu/
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree MasterFull Degree Master choice
- 1 semester
- Please see timetable for teaching hours
- Course is also available as continuing and professional education
- Study board
- Faculty of Law
- Jesper Lau Hansen (17-4f6a78756a773351667a334d6673786a73456f7a7733707a336970)