HKIB0110FU Introduction to China’s History, Culture, and Society 2/B (F23)
- Curriculum for Asian studies at bachelor's degree with basic subject in Chinese studies 2019
- Programme curriculum Bachelor courses in China Studies 2022 CBS students
- Curriculum for the elective studies at BA level in China Studies 2019
- Bachelordelen af sidefaget i kinastudier 2019
A review of the most important political, social and cultural developments in China before ca 1900 based on China’s unique combinations of geographical, ethnic and linguistic factors. Classes wil be conducted as lectures (Thursdays) and student presentations and discussions of source material (Fridays). The course will focus on the following topics thematically and diachronically: Revolution, politics, society, agriculture, nation making, education, philosophy, religion, literature and other cultural manifestations. Emphasis is on traditional China in the 20th century and its impact on China today. An additional focus is the changing views of China as well as China’s changing views of its own position in the world.
Introduktion til Kinas historie, kultur og samfund 2 (aktivitetskode HKIB00931E)
BA Elective - CBS 2022 Curriculum:
Introduction to China’s History, Culture, and Society B (activiti code HKIB02051E)
BA Tilvalg 2019-studieordning:
Introduktion til Kinas historie, kultur og samfund 2 (aktivitetskode HKIB10161E)
BA Sidefag 2019-studieordning:
Introduktion til Kinas historie, kultur og samfund 2 (aktivitetskode: HKIB10161E)
Ebrey, Patricia Buckley, ed. 1993. Chinese Civilization: A Sourcebook. Second Edition, Revised and Expanded. New York: The Free Press.
Hansen, Valerie. 2015. The Open Empire: A History of China to 1800. Second Revised Edition. New York: W. W. Norton.
Spence, Jonathan D. 2013. The Search for Modern China: Third Edition. New York: W. W. Norton.
Tanner, Harold M.. China: A History. Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing, 2009.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Criteria for exam assesment
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- BachelorBachelor choice,Bachelor’s minor subject
- 1 semester
- Se link below
- Study Board of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
- Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
- Faculty of Humanities
- Bent Nielsen (5-6669727872446c7971326f7932686f)
Bent Nielsen, email@example.com