- 20E-;Hold 1 - CBS;;KIN, Introduction to the History, Culture and Society of China 1
- 20E-;Hold 1;;KIN, Introduction to the History, Culture and Society of China 1
- 20E-;Hold 2 - CBS;;KIN, Introduction to the History, Culture and Society of China 1
- 20E-;Hold 2;;KIN, Introduction to the History, Culture and Society of China 1
HKIB0100EU Introduction to the History, Culture and Society of China 1 (E20)
- Curriculum for Asian studies at bachelor's degree with basic subject in Indology, Indonesian/South-East Asian Studies, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai/South-East Asian studies or Tibetology, 2015 curriculum
- Curriculum for Bachelor's elective subject in Asian Studies (Japanese Studies, China studies, Korean studies and Modern India and South Asia studies) 2019-regulations
- Curriculum for the Bachelor elective in China Studies 2019 curriculum
A review of the most important political, social and cultural developments in pre-modern China based on China’s unique combinations of geographical, ethnic and linguistic factors. Classes wil be conducted as lectures (Thursdays) and student presentations and discussions of source material (Fridays). The course will focus on the following topics thematically and diachronically: Revolution, politics, society, agriculture, nation making, education, philosophy, religion, literature and other cultural manifestations. Emphasis is on historical trends that lead to the formation of modern China. An additional focus is the changing views of China as well as China’s changing views of its own position in the world.
Introduktion til Kinas historie, kultur og samfund 1 (aktivitetskode HKIB00921E)
BA Tilvalg 2019-studieordning:
Introduktion til Kinas historie og kulturhistorie 1 (aktivitetskode HKIB10151E)
BA Elective CBS 2019-Curriculum:
Introduction to China’s History, Culture, and Society A (Activity code HKIB02001E)
Harold M. Tanner. China: A History. Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing, 2009.
Patricia Buckley Ebrey, ed. Chinese Civilization: A Sourcebook. Second Edition, Revised and Expanded. New York: The Free Press, 1993.
- Practical exercises
- Project work
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment