HJAÆ0103EU Japanese Propaedeutics C - CBS (E21)
- Programme curriculum Bachelor courses in Japan Studies for CBS-students 2020
The focus of teaching is applied language use. The course enables the student to communicate in elementary to lower intermediate Japanese about general topics related to culture and society.
The course will provide a general introduction to appropriate language and formality level governing social interaction. We expand the range of vocabulary and kanji according to syllabus.
Teaching is based on text- and workbooks, and students will build further build their skills in speaking, reading, grammatically analysing Japanese and translating it into English, and writing in Japanese.
The course activities include text reading, translation, reading aloud, written and oral translation exercises, oral interaction, teaching of Japanese characters, exercises in grammar and sentence analysis.
Curriculum for the elective at Bachelor’s level in Japanese Studies, 2020 curriculum
Japanese Propaedeutics C (Activity code HJAÆ00131E)
- Expected literature:
- Tobira – Gateway to Advanced Japanese through Content and Multimedia, Mayumi Oka, Michio Tsutsui, Junko Kondo, Shoko Emori, Yoshiro Hanai, Satoru Ishikawa, Kuroshio Publishers, 2009 [Textbook]
- Tobira – Gateway to Advanced Japanese through Content and Multimedia – Grammar Power: Exercises for Mastery. Michio Tsutsui, Shoko Emori, Yoshiro Hanai, Satoru Ishikawa, Junko Kondo, Mayumi Oka. Kuroshio Publishers, 2012. [Workbook]
- Tobira – Gateway to Advanced Japanese through Content and Multimedia – Power Up Your Kanji – 800 Basic Kanji - as a Gateway to advanced Japanese. Mayumi Oka, Satoru Ishikawa, Junko Kondo, Michio Tsutsui, Shoko Emori, Yoshiro Hanai, Kuroshio Publishers, 2010. [Kanji workbook]
- McGloin, et. Al (2014), Modern Japanese Grammar – A Practical Guide, Routledge
- Makino, S. & Tsutsui, M. (1991), Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar, The Japan Times
- Makino, S. & Tsutsui, M. (1995), Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar, The Japan Times
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment