HIOK0002FU Language Processing 2
IT and Cognition
Have you ever wondered how to build a system that can process
text automatically, for example translate between languages, reveal
syntactic structure, or extract semantic information?
In this class we will explore fundamental algorithms and models for natural language processing, and describe the application of these algorithms and models to key problems in natural language processing, such as POS tagging, syntactic, semantic and discourse analysis, and machine translation.
The main focus will be on the practical implementation of methods for syntactic parsing. The format of the class consists of lectures (including guest lectures), student presentations, and project work.
See the curriculum:
See all the curriculums.
- Class Instruction
- Exam Preparation
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment
- Type of assessment details
- Take-home assignment, set subject
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Take-home assignment, set subject
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree Master
- 1 semester
- Outside scheduled structure
- Study Board of Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics
- Department of Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics
- Faculty of Humanities
- Manex Aguirrezabal Zabaleta (18-4f6370677a304369776b7474677c6364636e426a776f306d7730666d)
- Patrizia Paggio (6-726369696b71426a776f306d7730666d)