HCCK03225U Academic Internship, Cognition and Communication, 15 ECTS
Cognition and Communication, The 2019 curriculum, Elective
During the Academic Internship the student acquires knowledge and experience of applying the academic theories and methods of the Master's Programme in Cognition and Communication.
At the examination, the student can demonstrate:
- the work in organisations and companies
- internal and external factors affecting an organisation
- an organisation's strategic work
- applying academic qualifications acquired on a master's programme in Film and Media Studies in a practical organisational context
- academic resources in a work context.
- apply the master's programme in Cognition and Communication's academic theories and methodologies to specific minor tasks
- apply the master's programme in Cognition and Communication's relevant academic theories and methods of analysis to focus on specific workplaces, organisations and work processes.
- reflect on specific working conditions in the workplace, including their own role and tasks
- reflect on their own career opportunities and perspectives in relation to choice of topic for their Master's thesis and academic specialisation
carry out minor academic work tasks relating to their own study field.
The syllabus covers 600 standard pages of theoretical/analytical literature of relevance to the internship. Half of the specified literature must be academic literature within Cognition and Communication, the other half must be relevant literature within Organizational Theory. The syllabus can include literature that has been given for exams in other subject elements. The syllabus must be approved by the internal examiner.
Seminar and individual supervision in connection with the preparation of a portfolio. Presence at the workplace for a total of 375-400 hours.
Feedback will be given on assignments submitted before the deadline specified by the lecturer during the semester. The feedback may consist of individual and/or collective feedback from the lecturer. The portfolio is evaluated at the exam as a single written submission.
- Class Instruction
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Exam registration requirements
Link to Curriculums
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assesment
- Course code
- 15 ECTS
- Full Degree MasterFull Degree Master choice
- 1 semester
- Course capacity
- Study board
- Study Board of Communication
- Department of Communication
- Faculty of Humanities
- Andreas Lindegaard Gregersen (3-656b76446c7971326f7932686f)
Andreas Lindegaard Gregersen