APSK15751U Elective Course - Leadership assessment
- Kandidatuddannelsen i Psykologi 2015 – studieordningen
- Kandidatudannelsen i Social Data Science
- Kandidatudannelsen i Økonomi
How can leadership behaviors be measured? What leadership behaviors should we assess? How can we select leaders who perform effectively and foster their subordinates’ well-being? This course centers on these practically relevant questions at the intersection of research and practice on behavior-based leadership assessment and provides insights on the research areas of leadership and personnel selection in this context. The scientific background, advantages and limitations of behavior-based leadership assessment methods in light of current research and practical challenges are discussed. This elective course consists of both lectures and group activities. One particular focus of this course is on the practical application of the acquired knowledge in several group exercises. In these exercises, students learn to develop behavior-based methods to assess leadership behaviors and discuss different concepts of leadership behaviors. The course is particularly aimed at students who are interested in the topics of leadership selection and assessment and who appreciate gaining practical experience in the construction of behavioral leadership assessment methods.
The purpose of these modules is to expand knowledge or put the psychological subject area into perspective through theoretical or empirical specialisation within subject areas within or related to psychology. Upon completion of the elective subject module within the Department of Psychology, students are able to:
- describe and account for relevant concepts and themes within the elective subject
- describe and account for relevant methodological approaches in relation to the subject matter for the elective subject
- explain contexts, analyse and/or conduct procedures relevant to the elective subject under supervision.
- Class Instruction
Registration period November 15 - December 1
International students can find information on course registration and deadlines at New exchange and guest students – Faculty of Social Sciences - University of Copenhagen (ku.dk)
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment
- Type of assessment details
- Final written assignment reflecting on an issue relevant to the
practice team drawing from the literature.
A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for submitting assignments. submitted in Digital Eksamen according to the exam schedule.
The exam paper can be written in groups of maximum 3 students.
1 student max 12 pages, 2 students max 15 pages and 3 students max 18 pages
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assesment
- Course code
- 7,5 ECTS
- Full Degree Master
- 1 semester
14 weeks, starts week 6
- Department of Psychology, Study Council
- Department of Psychology
- Social Data Science
- Department of Economics
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Pia Ingold (10-726b63306b7069716e664272757b306d7730666d)