APSK15742U Elective course - LGBTQI+ Awareness for Students of Psychology
This seminar is designed as an introductory program to inform the psychologists who (will) work with LGBTQI+ individuals about the core concepts related to affectional orientation and gender identity, the interview principles, contemporary approaches and to let them question homonegative approaches and practices
- Students will demonstrate understanding of affectional orientations and gender identities.
- Students will think critically about the regulation of gender and sexuality within psychology.
- Students will think critically about issues of gender, sexuality and intersectionality.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast essentialist and constructivist conceptions of gender.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of how our understanding of the affectional orientations and gender identities vary across time and cultures.
- Students will develop awareness, and knowledge in working with LGBTQI+ communities.
- Class Instruction
Registration period May 15 - June 1
International students can find information on course registration and deadlines at psychology.ku.dk.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentFree written assignment submitted in Digital Eksamen according to the exam schedule.
The exam paper can be written in groups of maximum 3 students.
1 student max 12 pages, 2 students max 15 pages and 3 students max 18 pages
- Exam registration requirements
For all elective subjects, a minimum of 75% of alle classes must be attended as a prerequisite for submitting the final exam. However, the teaching is based on full participation.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assesment
Vejledende karakterbeskrivelse (Danish)