APSB05154U Elective Course - Sports Psychology - Introduction to Sports and eSports Psychology
Sport is a crucial aspect of many people's lives. In fact, many people do, watch, and/or talk about sport. Doing sport and/or watching sport affects one’s emotions, feelings, fitness, health, self-view, social relations etc.
In this elective course, we will learn about different psychological and psychological-based aspects related to sport. Examples of topics are cognitions, gender, emotions, leadership, motivation, performance, social relations, team dynamics, or the role of spectators. The majority of the classes will focus on “traditional” sports, but we will also focus on eSports in one or two of the classes (including a visit by a person working in eSports).
The purpose of these modules is to expand knowledge or put the psychological subject area into perspective through theoretical or empirical specialisation within subject areas within or related to psychology.
Upon completion of the elective subject module within the Department of Psychology, students are able to:
- describe and account for relevant concepts and themes within the elective subject
- describe and account for relevant methodological approaches in relation to the subject matter for the elective subject
- explain contexts, analyse and/or conduct procedures relevant to the elective subject under supervision.
In addition to the stated literature, students must provide 400 pages of their own search.
Registration period November 15 - December 1
International students can find information on course registration and deadlines at psychology.ku.dk.
- 10 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentExtent of written assignment: Maximum 14 pages.
Each student must submit an exam that summarizes relevant literature with regard to a self-chosen topic from the field of Sport and eSports Psychology. More detailed information about the active participation and exam will be presented in the first class.
The exam can only be taken individually.
- Exam registration requirements
In order to pass the elective course, students must fulfill the following:
- Each student must attend minimum 75% of the classes (i.e., attend minimum 8 classes).
- Each student must read the curriculum paper related to a class before the class (because the activities/discussion in class are based on the paper).
- Each student must submit an exam that summarizes relevant literature with regard to a self-chosen topic from the field of Sport and eSports Psychology.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assesment
- Class Instruction