NNEK15000U CANCELLED: Nutrition in Global Health
MSc Programme in Agricultural Development
MSc Programme in Human Nutrition
The course will focus on nutrition themes relevant to global health.
The themes include:
- Infant and child nutrition
- Prevention and treatment of undernutrition
- Nutrition and infections
- Nutrition transition and the double burden
Although the focus is on nutrition and health science, the themes will be seen in a broader context and a social science perspective will be included when relevant.
After completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Describe the major nutrition problems related to global health
- List the most vulnerable population groups and explain the underlying determinants
- Evaluate the determinants of nutrition problems in low income settings
- Discuss strengths and limitations of strategies to prevent and treat nutrition-related global health challenges
- Critically assess scientific literature, identify knowledge gaps and develop plans for further studies
- Interact in interdisciplinary teams and suggest feasible solutions to nutrition related global health challenges.
- Practical exercises
- Theory exercises
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, 27 hoursThe exam consists of a written take home assignment, based on scientific papers. The students have 27 hours to do the assignment and are allowed to use all course literature, notes, Internet and to discuss, but each student has to make an individual answer and is not allowed to copy writing from other students. The evaluation will consider analytical skills and strength of the arguments and the overall structure of the answer.
- Exam registration requirements
Participants must pass all three end-of-week online tests during the online part of the course.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Form: Oral examination. 24 hours preparation and 30 minutes examination.
Students who have not fulfilled exam registration requirements must pass all three required online tests no later than 2 weeks prior to reexamination.
Criteria for exam assesment
Please see learning outcome.