NSCPHD1117 Acute Malnutrition: improving treatment through research
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
Physiology, clinical manifestations and treatment of acute malnutrition
Students who have taken the course will be able to:
- Understand the physiology behind severe acute malnutrition and the corresponding clinical manifestations and paraclinical findings.
- Do clinical examination and make the diagnosis of moderate and severe acute malnutrition.
- Identify and discuss the research gaps in relation to diagnostic criteria of moderate and severe acute malnutrition.
- Identify and discuss the research gaps in relation to current food products used for nutritional rehabilitation of moderate and severe acute malnutrition.
- Be able to engage in a scientific discussion about the most recent research on moderate and severe acute malnutrition, and critically review research.
- 4 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessment
- Marking scale
- completed/not completed
- Project work