NBIK15000U Advanced Plant Identification
MSc Programme in Biology
MSc Programme in Nature Management
Identification of vascular plants to species.
- Overview over botanical terminology and available
tools for plant identification, experience in critical
use of identification literature
- To correctly identify Danish plants to species by use of relevant determination keys and taxon descriptions
- To have a good overview of systematics and species delimitation in vascular plants
- To understand the correct use of vascular plants in bio-indication
- To be able to safely arrive at the correct identify of Danish vascular plants
- To enable the use of plant identification in conservation surveillance, nature management and dissemination of biodiversity.
- Practical exercises
- Project work
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- PortfolioThe portfolio consits of documentation of the identification work done.
- Exam registration requirements
80% participation in excursions and exercises is mandatory.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
Written assignment (4 hours). The following aids allowed: "Flora".
If the exam requirement is not fulfilled, the student must take the course again the next year.
Criteria for exam assesment
The grade 12 will be given to the solution that fully demonstrates mastership of the abilities in the "learning outcome".