SDMM08007U Master's Thesis, Disaster Management
Master of Disaster Management - compulsory
On completion of the thesis, students should be able to:
- demonstrate insights into the research process from identifying the nature of a research problem, formulating research questions and translating these into research objectives
- understand the value of the choice of appropriate research methods
- Collect necessary data/information and critically analyse, review and interpret own research in the context of existing literature.
- As part of the thesis writing process give a short thesis presentation, highlighting research problems and questions, research objectives, methods and main findings, conclusion and possible recommendations - as well as discussing critical questions and remarks regarding the findings and conclusions.
- Develop and present well-argued and referenced recommendations as to future practice(s) in a given field.
- Where relevant, include proper communication with and feedback to study objects and local authorities on research results including practical policy implications (if research is based on local data) with a view to contribute to improvements at the local level.
- Provide critical and constructive feedback to fellow students on their theses.
- Project work
- 20 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentParticipation in oral presentation (Thesis Seminar) of thesis project plan according to thesis guidelines and a written report.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Criteria for exam assesment
To achieve the maximum grade of 12, the student shall be able to:
- Refer to learning Outcomes