NSCPHD1268 Polymer Physics
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
The random walk model, pair correlation functions, radius of gyration, non-ideal chains, excluded volume, thermodynamic properties of polymer solutions, correlation fluctuation in polymer solutions, scaling theory, polymer blends, block copolymers, elasticity of rubber, the stress optical law, swelling of gels, Brownian motion, Rouse theory, Zimm theory, dynamic light scattering, reptation, entanglement effects and the tube model, viscoelasticity of polymers.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Model polymer conformations at equilibrium
- Interpret scattering experiments with polymers
- Model the thermodynamics of polymers in solution
- Model phase behavior of polymeric systems
- Describe diffusion in polymeric systems by Brownian dynamics
- Describe diffusion in polymeric systems by Fokker Planck equations
M Doi: Introduction to Polymer Physics (Oxford Science Publ.), + Lecture Notes
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentEvaluation of exercises/reports.
Active participation and final test
- Exam registration requirements
- All aids allowed
Lecture book and notes applied for the seminars. No aids at examination.
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assesment
Theoretical understanding of the physics of polymer and macromolecular systems, their structure and their dynamics.