NSCPHD1241 SPPS Summer School in Plant Biology
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
The students participate in a scientific conference organised
exclusively for PhD students. They present their own research, and
in addition internationally renowned scientists are invited as
speakers and present a broad overview of key topics
in molecular plant biology, plant physiology and plant
The conference is hosted by Scandinavian Plant Physiology Society (SPPS).
The summer school is organized by the PhD students themselves. This includes financial aspects, logistics of travel, lodging and invitation of speakers. The Scandinavian countries alternate in hosting the summer school. Registration for the conference is expected to open at the end of 2015. However, you can sign up for the course before by contacting the course responsible.
Read more: Further information will later be linked to at this site http:// www.spps.fi/events/
The summer school is financially supported by Scandinavian Plant Physiology Society. SPPS is a society open to everyone interested. For further information see www.spps.fi. Chairman: Professor Jaakko Kangasjärvi, Univ. Helsinki, Finland.
Read more at http://www.spps.fi/
The purpose of the summer school is
- to give participating students an insight in new developments in plant physiology, plant molecular biology and plant biotechnology.
- to give students an insight in plant biology research in Scandinavia.
- to introduce the participants to a network of students, mostly from Scandinavia, working with similar subjects.
- Stengthening this network by communicating your own research at the conference
An abstract book will be provided to each participant.
6-8 Selected papers written by invited speakers will be provided before the conference.
Selected papers by invited speakers will be forwarded to student to be read before the conference. Students must also prepare a presentation of their own research to be given at the conference (oral or poster presentation according to selection by local organisers).
Lectures, discussions and poster sessions. The invited senior scientists will be available during the conference for discussions on individual basis.
Each student must deliver a short summary of the meeting to the course responsible.
Contact Associate Professor Tom Hamborg Nielsen, Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Tel: +45 35 33 33 38 email@example.com
- 2 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentPassing the course requires active participation in conference and presentation of own research as poster or oral presentation. A short summary of the meeting must be delivered.
- Exam registration requirements
Preparation for an active participation in conference
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship