NSCPHD1127 Agricultural transformation and rural innovations field course
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
The course is a mandatory part of the AGTRAIN PhD program.
The course consists of three components:
1) Method and context introduction via e-modules and e-consultations in student groups over two weeks
2) 2½ field work module in developing country
3) Presentation of research findings a final debriefing and optional summarising of results in research paper or conference presentation.
The course addresses Agricultural transformation and sustainable intensification in developing countries. The course has the following objectives:
- To train participants in field data collection related to agricultural development in third world countries
- To expose participants to neighbouring scientific disciplines, their conceptual framework, methodological approach and analysis.
- To enable participants to see their scientific discipline in the wider framework of rural development and agricultural intensification
- To expose participants to complex scenarios and multi-stakeholder perspectives and constraints for agricultural development.
- To create professional networks between participants
Group work in field location
Supervision, guidance and method demonstration in practice
- 10 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentStudent pass the course based on active participation in all modules and presentation of project at end-conference
- Course Preparation
- Field Work
- Project work