NSCPHD1110 Journal Club: Nutrition for older adults
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
A tailor-made, Journal Club course for PhD-students working in the field of nutrition for healthy and frail older adults.
General course objectives:
- To enable the student to critically review scientific papers in this field.
- To enable the students to define and understand issues in the field of nutrition for older adults.
- To understand relevant terms and concepts in the field.
- To enable the student to understand the content of the articles and evaluate the quality.
- To enable the student to evaluate the nutritional methods used.
- To enable the students to engage in scientific discussions.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Critically review a scientific paper and evaluate strengths and weaknesses, in relation to study design, validity (bias and confounding), and generalizability.
- Evaluate the use of measures of dietary intake, nutritional status, food satisfaction, and other relevant measures e.g. quality of life.
- Discuss the importance of research in this field for clinical practice and public health.
- Class Exercises
- 2 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessment
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed