NSCPHD1069 Agricultural transformation and rural innovations field course
The course is a mandatory part of the AGTRAIN PhD program.
The course consists of three components:
1) Method and context introduction via e-modules and e-consultations in student groups over two weeks
2) 2½ field work module in developing country
3) Presentation of research findings a final debriefing and optional summarising of results in research paper or conference presentation.
The course addresses Agricultural transformation and sustainable intensification in developing countries. The course has the following objectives:
- To train participants in field data collection related to agricultural development in third world countries
- To expose participants to neighbouring scientific disciplines, their conceptual framework, methodological approach and analysis.
- To enable participants to see their scientific discipline in the wider framework of rural development and agricultural intensification
- To expose participants to complex scenarios and multi-stakeholder perspectives and constraints for agricultural development.
- To create professional networks between participants
Group work in field location
Supervision, guidance and method demonstration in practice
- 8 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentStudent pass the course based on active participation in all modules and presentation of project at end-conference
- Course Preparation
- Field Work
- Project work