NSCPHD1019 Responsible Conduct of Research (generic course)
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
What is responsible conduct for a researcher at University of
Copenhagen? This is the central topic for this course. You will
learn about the notions of research integrity, authorship issues,
responsible conduct of researchers, documentation of scientific
results, and explore the connection between misconduct and the
development of modern science. Responsible Conduct of Research will
give you the expected required skills within good research
The course consists of four class modules. Each module will last 1 ½ hours and combine a lecture and interaction with students regarding cases:
1. Overview of the topic: Responsible Conduct of Research, Research Misconduct, and Questionable Conduct of Research including a brief history, terminology, definitions and a description of the institutions dealing with Responsible Conduct of Research and allegations for Research Misconduct.
2. Authorship: including a presentation of the norms regarding publication, various kinds of deviations from these norms, and handling of the many grey zone issues to which the application of these norms give rise.
3. Documentation of scientific results and handling and keeping of scientific data, and intellectual property: standards, rights and duties.
4. Conflicts of interest and commitment, and communication with the public.
Please send full name, KU username, CPR-no. and indicate the date you will participate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessment under invigilation
- Theory exercises
- Project work