NSCPHD1012 Introduction to MATLAB for Multivariate Data Analysis
The PhD course database is under construction. If you want to sign up for this course, please click on the link in order to be re-directed. Link: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/nat.aspx
The course offers a platform for students and researchers to
start handling and managing their scientific data. The course gives
a first impression of the possibilities of MATLAB and its
structure, data handling, plotting facilities, and the beginning of
1- Introduction to MATLAB interface, 2- Array structures in MATLAB, 3- Basis of Chemometrics. PCA and PLS in MATLAB, 4- Scripts, functions and loops, 5- Plotting tools
6- Tricks and useful stuff, 7- Exam
Knowledge, skills, competences:
- MATLAB interface: being able to “move around” in the most important utilities and windows in MATLAB
- Programming: being able to understand the structure of functions and to create small functions independently; to use loops and conditions in MATLAB programming.
- Data structure: being to identify and use different arrays structures of MATLAB and different ways of creating structures for data.
- Data handling: learn different ways of importing and handling data, searching tools and data managing.
- Chemometrics: being able to apply the basic Chemometric tools Principal Component Analysis and Partial Least Squares regression.
- Graphical representation: being able to use basic and advanced static and dynamic plots.
Handouts and scientific papers provided during the course; scripts and source code provided during the course.
- 3 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentWritten report based on 5 short examination assignments; work out by the participants individually. The reports have to be handed in maximally one week after the last lecture and are evaluated and credited with PASS/FAIL by the course lectures.
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Practical exercises
- Project work