NKEA07029U CANCELLED - Biophysical Techniques
MSc Programme in Biochemistry
It is the aim of this course to make the students familiar with most of the biophysical techniques used to obtain information on the structure, function and dynamics of proteins with special emphasis on the methods that make use of large research infrastructures like neutron and X-ray synchrotron sources.
-decribe and critically relate the principles of the biophysical techniques covered in this course to their ability to investigate protein structure and function
- critically evaluate and present results from the original literature
- competently discuss results from original litterature in relation to the technique used to generate the results
-ability to interpret results described in the litterature by the biophyscial techniques coverered the course
- processing of published data and identification of weak and critical points in their interpretation.
- Knowledge of the most widely used biophysical techniques used to determine protein structure and their limitations
- Knowledge of the biophysical techniques used to determine protein function
- knowledge of the biophysical techniques used to study protein dynamics
Available at Absalon
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examinationThe oral examination will take its origin in the last report
- Exam registration requirements
Approval of the three essays.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
same as the ordinary exams. Three essays must be approved.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome
- Theory exercises