NIGK15023U Project Course in Geology-Geoscience
MSc Programme in Geology-Geoscience
The course provides an opportunity for the student to write a literature review or become familiar with techniques and/or equipment in relation to initiating a MSc thesis study.
Subjects within the main research group themes: Basin Studies, Geophysics, Geochemical, mineralogical and petrological Earth processes, Water Resources.
- read scientific literature related to the subject.
- critically evaluate methods and collections of data and to design smaller research projects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- analyse and discuss data-sets.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
Organize and carry out larger-scale and to be able to analyze, evaluate, document and communicate the results of a scientific study.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome
- Project work