NIGK14043U Environmental Soil Sciences (Part 1)
MSc Programme in Agriculture
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field environmental soil science.
Soil classification and soil mapping, chemical and physical soil processes. Field methods for soil description and mapping, sampling strategies and sampling of soil, water and/or air in the field.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
Identify and work out proposal for solving complex geographical problems using theory, data and methods. Conduct and carry out large scale field work, soil mapping, data collection and subsequent analyses.
- Field Work
- Project work
- Theory exercises
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral examination, 20 minutesThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
- A written assignment is handed in prior to an oral exam, 20 minuttes.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome.