NIGK13019U Water Resources Management
Good practice for use of models in water management, uncertainty and risk assessments in water management, stakeholder involvement, model validation test schemes, Integrated Water Resources Management, Adaptive management, international examples of typical water management conflicts and management instruments, case study on use of MIKE SHE to support water resources studies in Tanzania.
Uncertainty and risk assessments in water management, stakeholder involvement, model validation test schemes, integrated Water Resources Management, adaptive management, examples of typical water management conflicts and management instruments, MIKE SHE modelling.
- good knowledge of concepts and tools for uncertainty assessments, including statistical, scenario and qualitative uncertainties.
- a basic understanding of stakeholder involvement and participatory modelling in water resources management.
- advanced knowledge of good modelling practice in relation to practical water management.
- Basic understanding of key concepts in water resources management.
- Demonstrate design modelling approaches and activities, including study framing, performance criteria, uncertainty and stakeholder aspects, as part of a water management study
- Conduct a modeling study for a case with data availability typical for a data poor country
- Write a scientific report on use of hydrological modelling in a water resources management study
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral examination, 20 minutesThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
Please see learning outcome.