NIGB15010U Geophysics: Global Tectonics
BSc programme in Geology-Geoscience
- Principles of geophysical description of the tectonic evolution of the Earth, including earth structure at different scales.
- Global and regional tectonic processes.
- Links between plate tectonic-geodynamic processes and formation of mineral and hydrocarbon resources.
- Knowledge of tectonics on a global and regional scale, including plate tectonic and geodynamic processes.
- Expression of tectonic processes in physical parameters measured by geophysical methods.
- Be able to describe important tectonic processes.
- Be able to assess the relative importance of various tectonic processes in relation to tectonic regions.
- Be able to assess the relative importance of tectonic forces in relation to concrete tectonic regions.
- Be able to understand the importance of tectonic and geodynamic processes for natural hazards and mineral & hydrocarbon exploration.
- Have overview of tectonic processes and their relative importance for earth evolution.
- Have detailed knowledge of the physical processes that lead to the tectonic evolution on regional and global scales and over different time scales.
- Be able to communicate results by written and oral presentation.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 20 minutesWritten assignmentThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
A written assignment handed in prior to an oral exam, 20 minuttes.
Criteria for exam assesment
Please see learning outcome.
- Theory exercises