NGEA09047U Interpretation of Reflection Seismic and Wireline Log Data
Overview of the potential for interpretation of Earth structure at all depth scales based on interpretation of reflection seismic data, theoretical and practical aspects of reflection seismic interpretation, theoretical and practical aspects of wireline log interpretation, integrated interpretation of digital seismic and wireline data.
- reflection seismics and theoretical and practical aspects of reflection seismic interpretation
- wireline log - theoretical and practical aspects of interpretation
- integrated interpretation of digital seismic and wireline data
- demonstrate an overview of the potential of reflection seismic interpretation to studies of the Earth interior at all depth scales
- integrate reflection seismic data and wireline log data in a joint interpretation
- construct depth- and iso-pach map.
- understand and work with reflection seismic methods, including seismic and sequence stratigraphy
- lithospheric reflections, interpretation of seismic surveys by loop interpretation, pitfalls in seismic interpretation, attribute analysis, and construction of depth and iso-core maps
- understand the principles of interpreting standard wireline logs, including the widely used types of wireline logs, lithology reconstruction from logs, and electrosequence analysis and sequence analysis
- demonstrate full understanding of the integration the two methods, construction of depth- and iso-pach maps, and the ability to describe the geological evolution of a study area
- give an overview of the potential of reflection seismic interpretation to studies of the Earth interior at all depth scales.
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral examination, 20 minutesThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Criteria for exam assesment
Please see learning outcome.