LFKB10267U Intensive GIS Course (Nordnatur)
- QGIS, GPS and tablet- Collecting and using data from GPS
- Crowdsourcing. Collecting data from mobile devices e.g. Smartphones
- DTM Digital Terrain Model. Interpolation Z-data and manipulation.
- Rasterdata: Satellitephotos and raster
The objectives of this course are to give the student an
effective approach to the use of GIS and GPS, with focus on work in
nature conservation, forestry and outdoor planning. By
bringing together students from several studies and from different
countries it will be possible to create groups of professional and
personal networks of users. Such networks can create a
stimulating environment for using GIS and GPS in a much wider scope
than the course’s immediate objectives.
On the completion of this course
The student will be able to:
- Collect data by fieldwork and through aerial photographs
- Processing and analysing data.
- Publish results on webGIS
- Get adequate knowledge of GIS so that you can continue your own studies
- Ideas about what GIS can be used in other disciplines, and possible future options
- To possess a comprehensive insight into maps in general and GIS in specific – from map reading to creating/collecting, storing, transforming, and presenting digital spatial data.
- To apply maps and spatial analytical results to articles, theses, project reports etc, produced after attending the course.
Only students who have obtained min 60 ECTS equivalent minimum to the first year curriculum can apply. Special application form is needed. Contact Ms. Lene Fischer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- PortfolioWritten assignmentAssessment of the assignments and the final report. The project work has to be displayed as a public poster and accepted. Further, the compulsory hand-ins has to be accepted
- Exam registration requirements
- 80 % of the assignments has to be approved
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- The form at re-examination can be different from the exam
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome
- Practical exercises
- Project work