APSB05012U Social psychological theory
The course introduces the students to the subject field of social psychology where the central attention is the relationship between the individual and the society. In answering the question of social integration, the course deals with two different overarching approaches: The psychological social psychology where the individual is the main focus, and sociological social psychology where it is the society. Based on group work, student and teacher presentations, we explore older and contemporary social psychological theories focusing on concepts such as individualisation processes, groups, attitudes, roles etc. In applying the theories, topics such as family, youth, integration, identity, culture and ethnicity are discussed.
Information on lecturers can be found under academic staff.
The student must be able to:
- Coherently describe selected social psychological concepts, theories and empirical material.
- Underline main equalities and differences between the treated concepts, theories and empirical material.
- Account for causes and effects of these equalities and differences.
- Select and balance theories, concepts and empirical material which is especially relevant in the clarification of a given problem area.
- Describe strengths and weaknesses concerning the treated concepts, theories and empirical material, in order to clarify certain themes and problem areas within social psychology.
Kun for merit-, udvekslings- og internationale studerende.
Only available for credit, exchange and international students.
Registration period for Danish students: May 15 - June 1
Registration period for International students: June 1 - 15
International students can find information on course registration and deadlines at psychology.ku.dk.
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, 72-hoursGROUP EXAM REGULATIONS: The exam can only be taken individually
EXAM EXTENT: The length of the paper is maximum 10 pages
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assesment
Vejledende karakterbeskrivelse (Danish)
- Class Instruction